Powered by Blogger.

And little French fairies.

Thermal fancies

Despite last week's hype about the heatwave that was due to hit us right about... now, it remains unsurprisingly grey and gloomy outside and - quite frankly - I'm bloody freezing!

But I am SO ready for winter. It is without a doubt my favourite season. Don't get me wrong - other seasons hold their appeal and I certainly couldn't be without the beautiful leaves of autumn, the blossoms of spring, or the lazy evenings of barbecues and sipping sangria in the summer - but winter just does it for me. Pretty dark evenings, candles lit at home, sparkly early morning frost on the grass, and best of all going for walks on those beautiful bright sunny days wrapped up in 12 layers of clothing and a reindeer-like red nose.

So here's just a few of my essential winter items - some long term favourites, some newly discovered delights!

  1. SuperDry Parliament Knit Jumper

    Oh. My. God. My delicious husband bought me this for my birthday this month, and it is without a doubt the warmest, softest, most comfortable cardigan I've ever owned. I wear it to work, at home, out and about - I can't take the thing off! It seems to go with everything, and it's got to the point that whenever I see it hanging in my wardrobe I automatically reach out and stroke it like a beloved pet. Seriously, my two cats just glare at it with jealousy now.





    Buy one. Now.

  2. Slipper Boots

    Secret Santa brought me some of these last year, and I lived in them all of last winter. Mine were from New Look, very similar to these little beauties:

    http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/pom-pom-slipper-boot_228100413?icSort=%2BsortDisplayPrice

    I shall definitely be investing in a new pair as soon as possible!

  3. Scented Candles

    I only truly believe Christmas is approaching when I light my first mulled wine scented candle on the fireplace. Very excited to see them all in the shops again now - but the other day I picked up an extra special one which not only smells delightfully festive, but very cleverly changes colour too!

    Well, it was enough to keep me captivated for hours anyway... although maybe now is the time to admit I've been known to while the hours away lying with my head under the Christmas tree gazing up at the twinkly lights...
So that's just a few things that have already put me well and truly in a wintery mood. Here's hoping Autumn flies by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital